Family Voice Surrey Annual Event
We are really looking forward to meeting as many of you who can make it to our ‘Empowering Parent Carers’ Annual Event on Friday 24th November at Leatherhead Leisure Centre. It’s going to be an action-packed day where lots of hot topics will be discussed. A huge “thanks” to the FVS team and our partner organisations for making this happen.
If you haven’t already signed up, you still have time to register your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/family-voice-surrey-annual-event-empowering-parent-carers-tickets-689395609827
You will see some changes to our agenda for the day, as we anticipate there will be lots of questions for our panel of key members of the Surrey Additional Needs and Disabilities Partnership. We are also making sure that we have the right people in the room to be able to hear your concerns and answer any questions on the day.
To help us with this, please do send any questions you might have in advance to: email@example.com
Family Voice Surrey AGM
After much consideration we are proposing to re-arrange the AGM part of the Annual Event for week commencing 15th January 2024. This is for several reasons:
- Importantly – we expect a report of the recent Ofsted and Care Quality Commission inspection of the local area partnership to evaluate the effectiveness of arrangements for children and young people with SEND to be published very soon. The publication is likely to coincide around the time of the Annual Event. This is an important report that families fed into, and we need to set aside enough time on the day to hear your views and questions for the panel of Additional Needs and Disabilities Partnership representatives.
- We need to allow time to let you know what we have been working on and what our priorities are for the coming year and for you to ask us any questions that you may have about FVS.
- The AGM is an open meeting, and we want as many members as possible to be able to have their say and exercise their vote, acting in good faith to further the purpose of FVS CIO. By separating the AGM from the Annual Event, we will be able to dedicate the time needed for this to happen as it should.
- Feedback has been that the virtual format that we had last year worked well so we are hoping to encourage the widest attendance by holding the meeting online again.
- We want to give Members adequate time to review the FVS Constitution and to consider any proposed changes, making sure that it remains fit for purpose.
To confirm, the Annual event is still going ahead, and we are really looking forward to seeing you all – we are only postponing the AGM part of the day which means more interaction with us and our partner organisations.
We look forward to sharing the work that we have been doing to improve outcomes for SEND families and our plans for the coming year at the Annual Event and to hearing from you too.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally, Sammy, Sarah and Nicky (Family Voice Surrey Trustees)